Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Safe travels with your Android phone.



Smart phones are a valuable tool for the traveller; it’s not only a way to communicate with others. We can also listen to music, play games take and edit photos, make movies, surf the web, do our banking and the list goes on and on.
But have you ever thought of protection for your phone, and I’m not talking cases or screen protectors. I’m taking about anti-virus protection. Never thought about it, not a lot of people do. Would you use your computer or laptop without it? I wouldn’t just as I wouldn’t use my phone without protection especially with internet capabilities. Phones are an easy target for malware and viruses. 


I have an unlocked Android phone with AVG Anti-Virus installed and on my recent trip To Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore. I changed my sim card in each country; it’s so much cheaper for calls and data. 

Part of the email from AVG


I boarded my plane in Sydney bound for Malaysia, once I had cleared immigration I purchased myself a sim card from Tune Talk at the airport and add some credit. I received an email from AVG telling me my phone was in Malaysia and that the sim card has been changed.  The email informed me that remotely I could lock me phone, wipe all the info off my phone, and make my phone scream which make your phone let out a high pitched noise they can’t turn off and locate my phone. I also received 2 more email one when I changed my sim card in Thailand and also in Singapore. I think its well worth having installed on your phone and give a peace of mind your phone and personal data are safe.

 More info here and get AVG here

If you enjoy our travel stories and photos, can you please either click the small red g+ sign under each post or click on one of the ads.


0 comments:

Post a Comment